This site (“Site” or “case Sites”) is owned and operated by The Advisory Center for Health Professionals, Inc., a non-profit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (“ACHP”).
To demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we have prepared this statement disclosing our privacy practices. Here, you will learn what personal identifying information of yours is collected, how and when we might use your information, how we protect your information, who has access to your information, and how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information. ACHP is committed to fair information practices. ACHP also respects the privacy and security of its users. ACHP will not share information it collects which personally identifies you or the personal information you provide upon subscription, registration or log-in with third parties except as follows.
- At your specific request.
- You speak with a senior advisor and he/she feels you are in need of counseling services or crisis intervention. In this case, the advisor will contact your program director.
In connection with its educational mission, ACHP does share information of the usage of its users but does not include personally identifiable information. An example would be the frequency of a request for a consultation for advice about dealing with a difficult patient.
Information We Collect and How We Use It.
ACHP collects information from and about its users in three ways: directly from the user, from our Web server logs, and with cookies.
- Information from the User: When you register to use the Site, we will ask you for personal information such as your institution, and e-mail address. We will also ask you to create a password. Each time you log on to the Site, we associate the information tracked with the user who has logged in. We also use this information to provide online technical support and troubleshooting to you. In the course of using the Site, you may upload or transmit or submit answers or reactions. Such information is collected and stored.
- Web server logs: When you visit the ACHP Site, we track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- the state or country from which you accessed the Site
- the date and time of your visit
- the pages you viewed on the site
- the number of links you click within the Site
- the amount of time spent at each page and what you clicked on the page, including any answers clicked on the page.
Information Shared with Third Parties
ACHP does not share information with any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes unless you expressly ask us to. ACHP may share information which does not identify you personally in connection with its research and development of its products. The type of information used for such research, development and administration may include summary statistics about traffic and usage patterns, non-identifiable user submissions and related site information.
Additional Use of Information: The ACHP Site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards or news groups available to you. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas is public. You should exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these areas. Don’t disclose information in these public forums that might be considered confidential.
Links to Other Companies’ Sites
How We Protect Your Information
ACHP uses technical security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. For example, should we ask customers to provide financial information (such as a credit card number) that data will be protected using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
If our information practices change in a significant way, we will post and highlight the policy changes. Your use of the ACHP Site constitutes your consent to our then current privacy policies as posted on the ACHP Site.